My card was authorised but I did not get a booking confirmation. Have I made a payment?
For each booking, our system requests authorisation from your card issuer. When that is received from your bank by our system, then our system will create a valid booking and a confirmation email is sent you and you will be re-directed instantly to a 'Booking Confirmed' web page. This happens instantaneously most of the time.
We have come across a number of incidences where after your card issuer approves an easyBus request, the signal confirming the approval does not reach our booking system and thus no booking is created, and you will not be re-directed to a 'booking confirmation' page. You have our guarantee that you will not be charged by easyBus as there is no booking. This sometimes happens due to the re-direct settings within your browser and sometimes due to timeouts between systems.
Unfortunately this does result in a 'hung authorisation' - your card issuer has approved and allocated an amount towards an easyBus transaction and will be waiting for easyBus to present a valid booking for the settlement. This will never happen, as a booking was never created. The authorisation does lapse after a few days. Until then on your online banking screen it will continue to appear as an 'allocated amount towards easyBus'. Remember your card issuer will not ask you to pay or settle this amount on your monthly statement. You have our guarantee that we will not charge you for such failed booking attempts without giving you a booking reference.
Please do try again in such circumstances. A booking is only created when you are re-directed successfully to the easyBus 'booking confirmed print tickets' page.
Before your retry, please check your security settings on your browser. if it is set to 'high' the order transmission after authorisation fails. For example -
On the Internet explorer (IE) browser menu - Select Tools -> Select Internet Options -> Select Security -> Select Internet And Select 'Medium-high' as the security level, If you have set this to be 'high' then it will not work. For Firefox and Other browsers please consult help tab.
Please read through the following process to determine where your transaction has failed. Note that various systems interact on our website; easyBus web application, Chase Paymenttech, the payment processor, Fexco currency supplier (for foreign currency transactions) and your card issuer whomever that may be. If the authorisation was not successful or you entered the wrong pin/security code and got locked out, you should contact your card issuer. For any other queries please contact us.
The payment process below may help you to determine where the issue is and provide a quick solution:
- After the login screen and confirmation of our terms and conditions you will be taken to a payment page. Here you are asked to complete your card details.
- If you hold a card not issued by a UK card issuer, you will receive a prompt to pay in the card's currency. From the drop down you can select the currency of the payment. The amount shown will be the amount charged by your card issuer.
- Once you click on the 'TRANSMIT' button, the Netbanx system (our payment processor) contacts your card issuer for authorisation.
- A small window will pop up from your card issuer, asking you to complete your security question/pin if you are registered. This is for your own security.
- Once correctly completed your card issuer issues an authorisation code to Netbanx. If it does not, it will fail. In that case please check with your card issuer. Note there are a limited number of attempts you can enter your pin/security codes before you get locked out.
- The online payment screen will appear momentarily stating that your authorisation was successful and the amount your card has been billed.
- Please be patient. The screen will re-direct you to an easyBus page - 'booking confirmed' and there you can print your tickets.
- In case you select 'click to continue' in point 6 above - please note we do not collect any monies until you have been re-directed to either the booking confirmation or my bookings page showing your booking on our website.
- You have our guarantee that we will not charge your account without a booking being made.
- If a booking does not appear and the page timeouts, you will then get re-directed to our home page or elsewhere - we can assure you that no booking has been made. In that case you should try again to re-book.
- We can assure you if a booking does not appear in your account or if you do not get re-directed to a 'Booking confirmation' page, then no payment would have been taken.